Friday, January 8, 2010

Shishu Bhavan

I just finished a shift at Shishu Bhavan. The part of the home in which I was working currently houses 94 toddlers. I was in a room with 20 three-year-olds. They are precious but completely insane. They all want attention more than anything and will do anything to get it. They have to wear hats because many of them have lice, but they'll take their hats off just so someone will have to put it back on them. They call me and the other volunteers "Auntie." I was working with two girls from Wake Forrest University, but tomorrow is their last day. I think I was more exhausted after a few hours at Shishu Bhavan than I am after ten hours with the Pruetts.

3 comments:

  1. Colleen,
    I could not be happier for you or more proud.
    Keep the blog rolling....it's amazing to read every day.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen,

    Keep the info coming.
    Stay safe and know your Aunt Eileen and I are thinking about you everyday!!!
    Love ya!!!!

    Uncle Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colleen,

    I am so amazed at your journey and your Love of the Lord..your words have been a blessing to me..I am enjoying reading your blog.

    I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

    Kathleen Moulder

    ReplyDelete